Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Day 8 – Eat to Live

Well, it's been a week since I started this new way of eating and I'm pretty impressed.

I weighed myself this morning and, drum roll please....I weigh 215.6!! That's a whopping 8.2 pounds!! And Grant lost almost 11 pounds!! It's funny because we weighed ourselves this morning and we were both surprised, but even he said that it doesn't really feel like dieting. That he can't believe how easy it has been.

Yes, this is easier than we thought, but not without some work and rework. I went back to the diet chapter in the book more than once and fine-tuned the points that we were violating. I also cheated a little on the weekend. Not a lot, but a little, so I imagine I could have lost more if I'd been more disciplined. When I say I cheated, I mean I had a couple of pot stickers, a couple bites of chicken creamy crepes and a bite of cheese cake. But I still ate what I was supposed to eat. I also discovered some awesome food and flavor combinations that I LOVE. I will probably share those here too.

So the weight loss was good, but there have been a couple additional benefits I didn't expect. For example, the first few days I have to say that waking up was rough. I was tired and did not feel rested despite 8 or even 9 hours of sleep. Then on day 4 or 5 it changed, drastically. I woke up one morning and noticed that Grant was up and about. I could hear the click click of his keyboard from the office down the hall. The sun was up, but my alarm had not gone off. I had set my alarm for 7:50. I figured it was 7:30 or so and I attempted to go back to sleep, but it was futile as I was wide awake. After about 30 minutes of looking out the window, opening and closing my eyes, I finally looked at my iPhone to see if my alarm was getting ready to sound. However, I was shocked to see that it was only 7:20 which meant I had been up since 6:50 or so. How cool is that???

The same thing happened the next day too. The only day it didn't happen was Sunday (mother's day), and I figure that was because the alleged cheating on my diet took place the night before, along with a glass of white wine.

So the weight is coming off. I feel great. I love eating this way and can honestly see myself doing this for the rest of my life. In the meantime, I've started reading The China Study and all I can say is wow. It's not another diet, it's just more science behind this diet.

1 comment:

lesleymoseley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.