Thursday, May 7, 2009

Done with the Pancreas Protocol

Well, I think it's fairly obvious that I'm done with the pancreas protocol. I have been searching for the right diet for some time and I know what I want. Believe it or not, I'm not looking for some diet that offers loads of carbs and sugar while I sit around all day and the fat just melts off me. Though that does sound like the “dream diet”. But no, I have been looking for a diet that is lasting, that melts the fat, but builds strength and heals the body, or better yet, encourages the body to heal itself.

I don't want a diet that I have to take tons of supplements to make up for whatever is deficient because of my diet. I don't want a diet that forces me to drink a gallon of water every day to “flush out my system” and keep me hydrated. Surely our ancestors did not have access to that quantity of fresh water?? I don't want a diet that restricts foods that are known to be highly nutritious and healthy either. I don't want a diet that makes me skinny and the minute I go off of it, I balloon up either.

I've been reading the Eat to Live book and I gotta tell you, if this diet does half of what it says, it may be just what I've been looking for.

No comments: