Thursday, May 7, 2009

Eat to Live – This is the diet I've been looking for

Okay, so my friend Hans told me about the book Eat to Live. He said he was pretty sure that this is the natural diet for mankind. I immediately went to Barnes and Noble and bought it. I spent the past week reading it and I have to say I am really impressed. This diet may be just what I've been looking for, though I find it hard to believe that I will lose as much weight as it claims I will in the first month (20 pounds or so). It just seems impossible.

The basic premise is that you eat tons of fresh veggies and fresh fruit, like they are the main course and anything else you eat is like a condiment or minor compliment to the meal. It's written by an MD named Dr. Fuhrman, and it's all based on valid scientific evidence. There's no hype and he writes with such certainty that you get the idea that he must be either brilliant or a fraud. He says that if I follow his diet, I will lose all the weight I need to, my cravings will go away, my allergies may go away and my body will be stronger and healthier than it has ever been, AND he has hundreds of patients that prove this claim. I don't have to buy any special foods, supplements or devices. I don't have to give up any real nutrient dense foods (like fruit!!!), and I don't have to drink lots of water either.

Here's what has impressed me so far:
  1. He has hundreds of real patients who have lost as much as 300+ pounds. They also keep the weight off.
  2. His formula is to eat foods that have a very high nutrient to calorie factor, which promotes health and healing.
  3. Patients that come to his practice with type II Diabetes can generally stop taking insulin and drugs within a few weeks on this diet.
  4. You don't have to drink lots of water because you are consuming fruit and veggies in quantities that naturally hydrate the body (there's a nifty concept!).
  5. There are tons of scientific research to back up this diet 100%.
  6. My friend Hans has lost 13 pounds in the last two weeks on the diet.
  7. You don't have to exercise to see results, though he says you'll probably want to when the body is ready.
I'm ready for a diet like this. Something wholesome, but aggressive. Now to prepare...

No comments: