Wednesday, April 14, 2010

HCG Diet - 1 Week Results

If you want an overview of the HCG Diet, Click Here.

Okay, so I started the diet last Tuesday, but the first two days were Load Days, so they don't really count as "diet days". I did go to the clinic for my weight and measurements (and to sort out some questions and concerns) on Monday, which works out to the 5th morning of the actual very low calorie diet (VLCD as known in the small, but formidable HCGers world).

First of all, my load days. Well, I could have done better, but I didn't plan it as well the first day. I would highly recommend planning out your load days to get maximum fat AND enjoyment out of it. That includes planning where to eat, if you are eating out. The second day was great! I should mention that my husband started the HCG diet with me. He's only got a little bit to lose (love handles and whatnot), but he jumped in nonetheless.

Anyway, we went to a little breakfast place and had a bacon, egg and cheese croissant with a latte made with half and half instead of milk. We had Thai food, including deep fried curry puffs, pad thai, coconut soup and followed with Thai donuts (deep fried fingers of dough dipped in condensed milk topped with peanuts). We also had Italian. Fettuccine Alfredo with extra Alfredo sauce, cheese cake with whipped cream, and of course we had some bread rolls dipped in oil.

I learned to do the injections and gave them to myself each day. After two days of that kind of eating and the HCG injections, I gained a whopping .4 pounds. That's right, point-four pounds. Not even half a pound. I was stunned. Though I've seen a number of people mention that they lost weight even. Crazy.

So Day 1 of the VLCD was a little rough. I was hungry and I had a headache most of the afternoon and evening. Greaaaaaat. Though I've heard that this can happen. It wasn't awful. It was just...ugh.

The next day made it all worthwhile as I had lost 4.4 pounds. Bam! I didn't mind being hungry after that.

Each day I lost a little more, but I still felt a little hungry. I have talked to LOTS of friends who are on this diet as well, and I believe that the fact that I'm still a little hungry is unusual. Maybe I didn't load properly? Possibly I should have loaded for a week. Dr. Simeons talks about that because I generally eat pretty healthy. Or it could have to do with the fact that I started this program a week before my cycle. Dr. Simeons states that the BEST time to do this diet is to start the day after you're done. So that could be it. Oh well. Still, I did well:



Weight Lost: 7.8 Pounds
Inches Lost: 3.5" (measured chest, waist, hips, L-thigh, R-arm) Not bad. I lost an inch on my waist and my pants are most definitely looser!

My husband lost 8 pounds this week and he's been cheating, so the sublingual drops obviously work! He's not hungry either. Lucky bugger!

2 comments:

KJ said...

Awesome!!! Hi Siouxie!

I did the strict Simeon diet last year and lost 25. I was also hungry the whole time but was on 125 IU. I tried to do it twice after that but just could not take the hunger! I've never done it with a clinic, just on my own.

I'm on it again - after doing more research and talking to friends. I've been increasing the dosage, and now finally, only on 200 IU am I not hungry. Feel great. Losing again - and totally able to study and metabolize!

Also wanted to say that any time I ate melba toast or grissini in that first round, it slowed or stalled my weight loss. Since then I've cut gluten completely out of my diet, and I think that has everything to do with my maintaining my weight loss. Even off HCG, I gain weight when I eat it. This round I've been eating rice cakes - I thought it was worth a try and it hasn't had any impact at all, my weight loss has been even better than that first successful round. Seems everybody is different though, a friend tried it and stopped losing. Might be worth a try.

KJ said...

Hey! How's it going now?!?!