Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Eat to Live – Day 1

First this this morning I weighed myself. I weighed in at a whopping 223.8 (OMG!!!!!) Well, that's what happens when it's a free for all and no diet structure. Damn. This is exactly what I aim to solve!

I started out this morning with a big fruit salad, loaded with watermelon, cantaloupe, honey dew melon, grapes, pineapple and some blue berries. I ate it all and it was marvelous! God, my body was craving fruit. After that I went about my day.

By lunch I was starving. We went to the Bunny Hop Cafe and had the salad bar. According to Dr. Fuhrman, we're supposed to think BIG, so we each made a heaping salad. I can't imagine no dressing and don't know that the salad dressings match the criteria, but whatever – I figure I'm eating great anyway. So I added about a tablespoon of their Caesar dressing. I also had a bowl of black beans. Rather bland honestly, but it's something. All in all, lunch was quite tasty! I'm beginning to think I can do this.

Throughout the day I don't feel particularly hungry, but even more interesting is that I'm not thirsty either. Usually I am quite thirsty even though I drink a lot of water. I strongly suspect that I'm getting the hydration I need directly from the foods, just like the book says. Oh, and I had to pee like 10 times throughout the day. Fascinating.

Okay, so we cheated a little at dinner. We made a tilapia fillet – cooked in the frying pan with fresh garlic and lightly coated with olive oil. I also made asparagus and a side salad. Delicious! I felt satiated most of the day.

So far, so good. Let's see how I sleep tonight and I'll see how it goes tomorrow.

No comments: